Friday, March 27, 2009

Aiming

I have been practicing my aiming angles and it is paying off. I feel so much more confident cutting the blue into the middle with side and what not. The fine cuts are tough because you are basically aiming into emptiess. But I am able to slowly see various lines to tell me the fractions of the balls I am hitting.

The biggest problem I have is the back cut in the middle of the pink ball, angles more than 1/2 ball is a problem for me still, but I am sure more practice will solve this problem for me.

Aiming is just memory and it needs to be refreshed. There are simply angles that I do not pot in a real match often enough so I need to get myself familiar with those in practice.

The long potting into a blind pocket is getting easier for me, but I still misjudge the angles sometimes.

To see the angles precisely one needs to train one's eye. It is not an in born ability fo rus to visualize 3-d object quickly with precision. I have made a board so i can practice this at home. But I have been lazy and have not really practice that enough.

Watched some frames by Judd Trump. He shot with so much confidence. Being 5-2 down he went ofr some tough long pots and then made a 123. He missed soe easy one in some frames though.

Through practicing with K and D I have learnt so much about safties play. I am having more discipline to restrain myself from going for crazy pots, and I am getting better at keeping my stroke through long grinding matches so when my chances come up I will be able to capitalize on them, rather than missing easy shot as I have done so many times.

Another thing about aiming is that I have been counting on the forgivness of the pocket sometimes but I should have confidence that if I aim dead center the ball will go in so I shoudl hit the ball with authority rather than being timid.

Read a blog and like what I read about positive energy during a macth. I have that problem. Sometiems I feel like I am going to go into a coma in the middle of a match.

I will try to use aiming, and my stroke timing to put myself in a nice rhythm no matter what so I will be able to perform. That is why aiming is so important because you really need to know the angles so well or else you will double check yourself and then miss.

Today I could not go practice but tomorrow I will go early and then have a practice session again playing double.

This week my highest break in a match has only been 38 or so so I need to put something more decent together before the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment