Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday

I went to practice for two hours today, because I had to do something for the rest of the day.
Did a bunch of long potting exercise, and the long stun follow and draw shots drills.
My draw is still not quite center, with my tops, if I try to hit real high, I tend to put unintentional running(right) on the ball.
Spent quite a bit of time on the black. Actually I really should do this more often especially when there is no one around. I tried to see where the ball would end up with 3/4 and half black, and how to get shape for me next red in various situations.
I notice that if I stun my black with a thick 3/4, I can almost get my cue ball to go back up to the pink spot after hitting the cushion. So, I can use that as my guide line for my carom of the reds to get position.
I stopped at 1/2 ball black, and will continue the more thinner black tomorrow. I have found it very hard to keep doing this.
So, I played a frame by myself but I asked myself every shot where I wanted my cue ball to be and how I want to play my next shot.
At around 4pm more people started moving in so i left.
All in all, a very productive 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment