Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday Practice

I tried to switch to a new cue, with a shorter length and a bit lighter, but could not get on with it. Went to play S on Thursday and played quite bad. So, back to my original cue.
Today, made a 53 against K during our first game. Was on a black but got distracted by the waitress, really made me frustrated and kind of lost my momentum.
Played some partners afterwards and found that to be really boring. I hate playing double with really bad players--the game took forever and sometimes I never have a shot in the whole game.
Just feel like I have wasted my time.
Played E a couple games later, played well in the first game and won, then played real bad and lost the second game on the blue ball. I was very tired, missed three blacks and very simple ball in hand shots. Just not there.
I am not sure what it is but it is the third tip I have put on this cue and still it does not feel right. I need to get on the practice table and figure it out.
I would have finished the game in one visit if I only made a few more balls. If I made that black i would have made a 60 with 7 reds left, then another red and pink or black would have put me at 67 or 68 with 6 red left (75), so one more color after that would have been enough.
In other words, I only need to make that black, another black or pink, then one more red and color. I really lost my momentum after that. Live and learn I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment