Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sat

Won the tournament, pretty easy, no good players.
Highest run in the tournament was only 32 or 33 by me.
I watched some Marco Fu video and was trying to copy him, which did not go too well for long shots.
I then relaxed my grip and shoulder and was making more balls.
I read some training material and basically it talks about a triangle area for the cue ball for every shot. The ideal idea is to play the cue ball in the wide end of the triangle and to move toward this wide end to have a wide margin of error. In snooker, a lot of times I play to cut across the narrow end of this triangle.
Another thing I am working on is instead of practicing what i know I can do, I am working on shots that are very difficult, in order to expand my range of shots.
Today i tried to pot the long red close to the cushion to draw back for the blue, surprisingly I actually made quite a few of them.
Another shot is to make a back cut into the corner and stun follow for the black, and to stun follow a narrow long straight red for the black.
These shots are generally considered difficult but they are actually not--as long as you can sight precisely you can make them.
To be able to make this kind of shots put a lot of pressure on a regular opponent because they would not know where to hide when I can pot seemingly from everywhere and anywhere.
When the balls are close to the cushion, I have found that it is important for me not to look at the cushion and focus on the ball only, so I need to almost block out the cushion and the pocket in order to cue straight. I tend to twist my wrist otherwise because the pot looks thinner than it is due to the cushion.
I made some nice cut shots today, and one quarter ball green followed by a quarter ball brown to win the frame. I was very confident with both pots and that is because I have been practicing these cut angles regularly in the last week.
I need to also practice my siding shots. Once it is past half table I have no control nor consistency with my side shots.
I missed one shot down the cushion twice today, I need to work on that shot tomorrow. Also, I missed the black quite a few times again. I think it is time to get back into potting black from all angles, especially the angles more than half balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment