Thursday, April 16, 2009

Afraid of winning

I have been thinking a lot about the 9 ball I missed. To be honest, after I crossed bank the pink, which was a fluke, I did not expect t be so nicely on the black. The cue ball did not travel the way I expected so I got lucky on position as well. At the moment, I was looking at it, and said, "I dont deserve it, I might win this from here, but it is too good to be true."
I hate to admit it but that is what I had in my mind. Besides, I looked at the shot, and then I changed my mind to cut it a but thicker, because I have missed the shot too thin before.
It is all in the mind.
Afraid of winning; feeling guilty about my luck; not comfortable with my potting angle and did not bother to work it out; not believing that I could win.
I need to know that everyone can get lucky, but not everyone can capitalize on luck--it takes skill to do that.
Winning is what I strive for--losing sucks no matter how you try to rosy picture it.
I need to have the will to win, and have the confidence to execute this objective.
Memory can help greatly when it comes to potting under pressure, because if I am confortable and confident in my angle, that is one element off the equation.
To win takes gettign used to, so torunament is essential, especially winning them, which would give me a lot of confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment