Sunday, April 12, 2009

back in form slowly

I was playing like absolute rubbish the last couple weeks. Lost the tournament partnering with K. I played a bit too conservatively, kind of relying K to make the points, rather than being aggressive and try making points by myself.

Also missed two key black balls. Very bad. My mind was not focused when I had those blacks.

I think I need to practice and memorize the angles so well that I know exactly where to aim under pressure. Memory and pattern is the key to this game.

Anyway, cut my cue shorter, took a break for a week, and played on Sat. Played good at first, then very bad, then good again. At the end, I was really in stroke, made a 43 then a 35 back to back playing partners with K. He could not make a ball but it was fine because I was scoring.

The thing with playing well I have found is to be relaxed and confident. I was too tense before. I need to be relaxed and sharp and confident, to play at my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment