Monday, April 13, 2009

optimum performance

I did not have much time when i typed my last post. What I have found out is that I need to have a sort of confidence to go for the pots I know I would make, t have an offensive and aggressive mentality to cease an opportunity to win a frame when the opportunity presents itself, rather than just trying not to make mistake and afraid to miss.

Another thing is to keep my arms loose, but my mind alert, and focused. I very often do the opposite, keeping my body and arm too tight, and my mind totally unfocused.

Another thing is to be strong headed, which means to know what I want, and my objective, and do not let others change me or to feel bad about wanting what I want.

The guys at the club keep telling me to be less serious and so on, but they will never amount to anything in snooker so I need to filter out their comment. It is important to know that I shoudl be polite, but there is no need to accept any advice or accussation unless I am convinced they are right. No need to argue, but no need to le tthat bother me either.

I need to put in more hours to imprint the angles in my mind. I am so broke now I cannot afford to practice, but I need to figure out something.

I read they started at 9-10 am and practice till 6pm in the UK, with a lunch break. That is what I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment