Monday, April 20, 2009

not played for one week

Did not play for almost a week until Sat, played N and ran a 43. But lost the tournament, came third. Missed a few key shots and shapes.
Later on practiced with D, played alright but not consistent. Only won 2 games and he won like 4 or 5.
I have learned something very important though.
I have realized that when I played D I felt fear and I was afraid of missing and making mistakes. My heart almost stopped beating sometimes when I am at the table and I guess that is what you would call choke.
So, I have to stop the fear and play my game. When I am at the table, it is mine, and he cannot do anything to me, just do at the table what I know I can d in practice.
Also, i noticed that I am using this new aiming system and loser grip ad it is good and I am making more thin cuts but my thick shots are suffering and I might be too "all over the place" with my new stroke.
I went to practice on Sunday, and worked on keepin gmy rhythm like I used to, but to keep the grip a bit more relaxed yet firm. It felt much better.
I certainly need to keep training my eyes to see the angle at home, that aiming training board I made is very good, so I should not be lazy. I still cannot see half ball and the close fractions to half ball very clearly.
Also, the super fine cuts, and the just off straight pots, those are the troublesome ones.
Anyway, i love the cue, and the shorter length. My bridge is not as long now, and it feels just right.
Need to work on the right mentality with a more offensive mentality through practicing with better players.

No comments:

Post a Comment