Sunday, April 5, 2009

Disappointment

I was really looking forward to this tournament that was held yestersday.
I prepared a week beforehand, with lots of systematic practice and also lots of eating well and my omega-3, plus sleeping early and practicing earlier to get used to the playing time difference.
Unfortunately, ont he time for the tournament, I got up with a hugh headaches.
Anyway, I went to play and during my practice my half table shots felt fine but my sdie pocket and long potting was quite off.
I did not have enough time to figure things out before the match started.
Our forst match was aginst someone who played very defensively and the match lasted over an hour. It was very hard to keep in stroke and stayed focused. I missed a few half chances and misse dmy positions a few times. By the time the match was over, my headaches was killing me.
Second match was also like the same, missed tow very important black. My game ball being one of them, with the cue ball close ot the cushion. I kept thinking about how I used to miss that ball on the thin side so I hit it a bit too thick.
Won the thord match, and then the last match came down to the last black.
I had a 1/8 black cut witht he black kind of off the cushion, the black bing may be 3 feet from the pocket or may be a bit less.
I had lots of people watching me, and I kept telling myself I could do it.
Then when I tried to look at the shot, everything looked real blurry, and I had no confidence at the shot. I shot at it, over cut by a hair and the black stayed in front of the pocket. I was sort of not sure what to do, and I had no idea where my cue ball would end up, and I was guess my aim because I just felt very uncomfortable.
After that, my froends came to me and told me that was a shot I HAD to go for and I just had bad luck rattling it. If my cue ball had coem out a few more inches or if the black would have travelled a bit further up, then it would have been safe.
But the thing is I missed.
Another thing is that was not a shot I HAD to go for. If I did nto feel comfortable and that was the key ball, I should not have gone for it, especially with the cue ball being on the cushion and me not shooting that well.
I watched the Peter Ebdon interview and he said the player is the only one who can decide which shot was right to go for.
Having said that, I will
practice my fine cut, and my rail shots. My rail shots are not good ebcause I have not beein practicing them, and my long potting is not consistent.
I need to play well to beat these guys, and I need to have more shots so I can make a tough shot to start a big break. All I need is to run a small 30 to 40 break and it is done. But the point is to get the first shot and them good position afterwards. These guys are grinders and they would nto give me any chance unless I created them.
Never give up, my time will come. Learn from my mistake and grow stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment