Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting ready to practice

I am getting ready to practice today. Today is Tuesday and I have more time at hand. I plan on getting to the club at noon, before anyone gets there, to put in some practice on my cueing action.
Usually, Tuesday is busy and there are lots of folks playing around 2pm and so until 4 pm. Last week I had to wait for a table and once a table was available, S walked in and we played a few games, so I did not really get to practice.
I feel good about my game right now, but I do need to find a good tempo during a match. I should not play too slow, but not too rush either. When I am playing at the right tempo, I feel really good with my stroking the ball at the best speed and feel.
I am not sure what is this best speed. I notice that all top players have a speed and they do not easily change that.
One thing I do notice is that I should pay attention to having my grip finishing at my chest to have a consistent finish of my stroke, even on side spin shots. This allows me to develop a better timing and to stay down.
I will try to practice putting five reds on each side of the blue and pot them all in the corner pockets from baulk. I have not been able to do this without a miss. It is usually the ball closet to the rail that I miss, and I usually miss with overcutting.
I will post how things work out today with my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment