Monday, February 16, 2009

Line up century

On Friday last week, I went to practice for a bit, but had to leave after one and a half hours. So I decided to do some drills around the blue and black.
I tried the line up, 4 reds under the black, and I made 13 blacks and messed up my shape. It was 104.
Actually, I had very good position on my black, and has 2 reds left, one on the cushion, and one below the pink. The one below the pink was a bit tricky, because the pink was a bit off the spot, so it only went into one side pocket and one corner pocket. I should have played the red on the cushion, and I had very good angle on the black to do so, but I was afraid I could not get on the other ed so I tried to play the red in the side, I over drew, and made a big mess. I should have play the black with more draw and play the red into the corner, or played the bottom cushion red first, then had a big angle so I can nicely come up fro the red.
On sat, I won the tournament. But again, after making 4 blacks, i chose the wrong red so my break ended at 32.
I had a nice break in my warmer up against another player. I did not keep good count of the break and either did he, but I believe it was like 4 blacks or 5 blacks and some other colors, like a blue and a baulk color or something like that.
I had a chance to run out the colors to win(needed them all) but I over drew the brown, then got on the wrong side but a bit too straight on the blue. I stun follow the blue with running side, got a bit funny on the pink, and I missed the pink.
Another game I had a chance to take a tricky red into the side to start a break, but I missed it.
I practiced that red many times on Sun.
My fine cuts are still not very good, I need to work on them.
Also, I need to choose the right shot when i am running the balls, sometimes, I choose the wrong shot.
I think my problem is still mostly on finding a good rhythm during the tournament. That needs more experience and practice playing with better players.

No comments:

Post a Comment