Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wed

I went and put in three hours today.
Did not try much in terms of drill; just throwing balls on the table and trying to run them out with the new aiming method, and also tried some long pots.
Basically, my thick potting is getting much better with this new method, but I still need to figure out how to use it on thin shots and those long 1/2 ball pots.
It is still a bit confusing.
What I like about it is that I feel more connected to the pot, that I am actually trying to use the cue ball to strike the object ball to make it go into the hole. It is like my cue ball is the extension of my arm. In the past, I looked at the angle and I aimed at a certain point on the ball, but I was not aware of where the cue ball actually make contact. The balls felt more like 2 d to me.
This had worked fine but it was too much for my brain in long tournament. I could not cope with it.
I need something more simple and instinctive.
Hopefully, i can go and try it out in real match situation with S.

No comments:

Post a Comment