Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday practice

I went to practice at 5:00pm, and finished it at 11:00pm.
Very tired, and my back, leg, feet, shoulder are all very sore.
Made a 64 in practice.
What is worth mentioning though was that I was trying a new way of aiming and it felt very good on certain shots. also, it allows me to shot faster, and not get so consumed with analysing the pot too much.
I also tried to just shot the ball, without thinking of the angles. i.e., I looked at the shot, then told myself to hit the ball at a certain point, without really checking the angles and pockets and such. I actually made quite a few balls that way. So, it means I know most of my angles especially the thick angles.
In a long tournament, trying to find the angles on all the shots will exhaust me too much at the end of the day, that is why I always feel very tied and play real bad after a few long matches. If i already know the angle, why do i still fear I could be wrong?
I tried to use a different method to aim today. Basically, I look at the area on the ball I want to hit, then I just tried to hit it with my cue ball.
It actually worked very well, except on some funny angled shots.
I will practice those again tomorrow, until I can see the angles. It may be a much better method for me to use in a tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment